1. The Truth About the Lord: As Creator and Master of the universe, God deserves all glory, devotion, and obedience in view of His supreme worthiness: “Worthy are You [God] to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things” (Revelation 4:11). Whether men in this life bow to His lordship or not, all will come to recognize and confess the Lordship of Jesus Christ in the final judgment (Phil. 2:9-11).
2. The Truth About Mankind: Sadly, men by nature stand in sinful enmity against the Lord, in denial of His worthiness, for all have sinned and rebelled against this worthy God “…all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23, 5:10).
3. The Truth About the Consequences of Sin: Because of man’s sin, he is eternally separated from God (“…the wages of sin is death…” Romans 6:23), therefore, the wrath of God abides perpetually on him (John 3:36).
4. The Truth About God’s Mercy: Man is eternally separated from God and faces the horrific consequences of eternal death. Though man deserves this death (because of sin) something must be understood about the greatness of God’s love and mercy: “…God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).
5. The Truth About Christ’s Sacrifice on the Cross: Christ paid the debt that men owe by living a perfect life and then dying on a cross. He was raised from the dead on the third day and will return again in order to judge the living and the dead. Jesus said, “…God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life” (John 3:16). This is the great expectation of all those who believe in Him.
6. The Truth About Salvation: How does one receive this wonderful pardon and life in Christ? “…if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord,and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved…” (Romans 10:9).
7. The Truth About Those who Reject Christ: Do not underestimate the importance of these aforementioned truths, for Jesus also said, “Hewho believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has beenjudgedalready, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God” (John 3:18).